Saturday, September 24, 2011

Ok, ok it's been awhile

I blame it on the fact that nothing real exciting has happened here in the past couple of weeks.  We've been here the past 3 weekends.  Weekend 1, I think we drove to Lawton for dinner and took a couple of strolls around the mall and that was the extent of our weekend.  Weekend 2, Chase had a sim, thus ruining our trip to the game in Fayetteville.  I think I would've passed out from yelling so much had we gone.....seriously we should've beat Troy by a MINIMUM of 20 points.  Not barely closing with a 10 pt lead.  Weekend 3, surprise, Chase has to work again.  Although this time they were kind enough to schedule his sim from 1-5 pm.  Right in the freakin middle of the day.  Courtney and I decided we'd venture out to Lawton to kill some time and lets be real.....I am completely incapable of watching a Razorback game by myself.  Especially Bama.  My blood pressure rises, then falls, I laugh, I cry, I jump for joy and I shout obscene things at the tv.  It's a love/hate relationship.  I love my Hogs, I hate when they do stupid things.  Anywho, Chase is DVR'ing the game so we can watch it later.  I think this will be the first time that I will request to know the final score of the game ahead of time. 

Next week we miiiiight venture down to Dallas, which could be very fun.  We don't have tickets to the game but there is a chance (thanks twitter) that we could win some.  Then the following week, back in Fayetteville to watch my Hogs crush Auburn!  As you can see, every Sept-Dec is devoted to football.  I put 10,000 miles on my car in 3 months last year due to driving home for all the games.  It's just something we do.  It's a passion, a cult, whatever you call it....I call it a love and devotion to the game.  :) 

I made homemade ravioli's this week.  I felt pretty proud of myself.  I feel like my culinary adventurousness (is that a word) has really taken off since arriving in Altus.  I'm quite enjoying myself.  :)

Now I must continue on to write my guest appearance blog for Kelsey's blog.  Stay tuned!

No comments: