Monday, December 19, 2011

Tis the Season...

"How could it be so? It came without ribbons! It came without tags! "It came without packages, boxes or bags!" And he puzzled three hours, `till his puzzler was sore. Then the Grinch thought of something he hadn't before! "Maybe Christmas," he thought, "doesn't come from a store. "Maybe Christmas...perhaps...means a little bit more!" 


I feel like I have done nothing but immerse myself in present after present, Walmart trip after Walmart trip, wrapping gift after gift and making about 5,000 trips to the Post Office.  I haven't even had a chance to sit back and realize that Christmas is indeed 6 days away.  The Bradley's are not even close to slowing down at this point either.  But...after our last Walmart and Post Office trip today, there will now be no more worrying about gifts to buy or gifts to send.  We can finally just relax and enjoy the Christmas season....after Chase's last flight Wednesday night.  I am most looking forward to our Christmas Eve service in S.C.  I was so afraid that we wouldn't get to attend one since we'll be out of town.

Let me break down our trip itinerary for you. 

Drive to Little Rock and spend about 12 hours there
Fly to South Carolina to see Dad, Leah and Brothers. Spend 3.5 days
Drive to Tampa (8 hour drive)
Spend 4 days in Tampa
Fly back to Little Rock, spend 1 day
Drive back to Altus
Complete 3ish flights then drive up to Wichita for 3ish years!

Have I mentioned how EXTREMELY ready to get to Wichita we are?  Now that we have our house and we know that time is short here, it's making us that much more anxious to get out of here!  More on the house later.  Although, I'm sure most of you have seen the pictures on Facebook already.  Give me about a month and all the wall colors will be different and our furniture will finally be in it!  Then you must all come visit us! 

It's short, but at least it's something.  I know I have no excuse.  Kelsey and Jaren both have kids running around and they still manage to blog at a minimum of once a day.  I have no kids (not even Charlie right now) nor do I cook dinner every night.  No excuses.  I'll try to do better.  Yea, yea....I've said that a few times before.  :)  Off to finish laundry now!

No comments: