Monday, March 5, 2012

Wow...I'm a slacker.

So, I've been reminded realized that I haven't posted anything in a long time.  I mean come on...my last post was before Christmas and we all know that I've had plenty of time to update.  I need to post all about our house that I'm so so so so so so incredibly glad we didn't decide to buy, but I still love; our move and my extreme disgust for the McConnell TMO office (and how we still haven't been paid for our move 2 months after being here) but first I'll start with what's going on with me!

I'm sure most of you know from Facebook that I've started school again.  I can't begin to tell you how nervous I was about this.  I still don't know what I want to do with life but I've always been drawn towards the business side of things and sadly, yes, part of it is that I love the business professional attire.  :)  So, with all of this, I started researching schools.  Wichita State is the big school in town, but i was looking at them only transferring a limited number of classes and I'm not so sure I was ready to be back on a big campus again.  I went to McConnell's FSS page and discovered Southwestern College Professional Studies.  It's more for people who have been working awhile and decided they wanted to go back to school, but it was also for me since I'd been out of school for a few years.  The biggest deciding factor was that they transferred every single available credit I had.  Having spent 4.5 years at Arkansas you can assume how excited about this I was.  I was on base and decided on a whim to just walk in their office and enroll.  I thought it was a dream when I opened the email that said they approved 89 hours!!!  Out of 124 needed, they tranfered 8-freakin-9!!!  Unfortunately, I need a few more than 35 hours due to there being more required classes than that....but just a few.

I'm in my first class now.  It's kind of a "Welcome Back to College" class.  We're learning all about time management and better study habits, etc.  March 26th I'll start my first 2 Human Resource classes.  Once again I'll be nervous but excited about these classes.  But ultimately, the best part.....I graduate next May!!!!!  This time next year I will be finishing my last few classes and getting ready to head down to Winfield, KS and walk across the stage with about 500 other students that I've never met.  :)

In the midst of all this, I've also been trying to find a job.  I interviewed at a bank a couple of weeks ago. Everything went well in my first interview so I was called back for a second one.  After leaving this interview I had a slight sinking feeling about this job.  I knew it would be great experience for me and I've worked at a bank before so that part didn't bother me.  I can't quite put my finger on what was bothering me, but I almost found myself hoping I wouldn't get the job.  I just kept telling myself, if I got it great, if not great.  Well, I had a nice form letter waiting for me after our trip to visit Chase's grandparents.  Oddly enough I found myself pretty down about it.  I kept telling myself I didn't care, but rejection of any kind is hard.  So I'm still looking.  I applied for a part-time HR Clerk position with the City of Derby, but I haven't heard anything back yet.  I'm not really planning to either.  

So, for now it's putting the finishing touches on decorations and getting everything sorted for the house, keeping Chase alive and figuring out how to pay for school (this translates to more job hunting).  Tomorrow I'll take some pics of what we've done so far.  Right now the DVR/bed is calling my name.  I'll be back....promise!

No comments: