Sunday, August 28, 2011

Honey, could it be.....a cloud???

I think I'm starting to see mirages of clouds.  I'm dead serious.  I was joking with Chase about this right after we left the company of the Oklahoma State Trooper.  If I've said it before, I've said it a million times.  Clouds make me happy.  They soothe my soul.  Living in a town that has set new records for days OVER 100, I need some clouds.  I need something to break up the brightness, the dryness, the just plain hot.  Today I have been curled up on the couch all day reading The Help via Angie's kindle app that she so graciously shared with me.  Yea, I have to read it on my phone, but I can't tell a big difference and it's better than waiting a couple of months on the list at the library.  Anywho, I was looking towards the window (blinds closed) and it didn't seem quite so bright.  It wasn't until we got out this evening that I saw the beauty.  A (mostly) cloudy beautiful sky!  It's a start Altus.  Now let's try for some clouds AND the temperature to be lower than 110.  As I type this at 7:28 pm, the temp is 108.  I'm really looking forward to the Fayetteville breezes and high in the 80's temperature next weekend! 

Moving on, no blog would be complete without a couple of pictures.  So here's our skies today.
Right outside our apartment
There's something about these power lines that I like in pictures.

2 comments:

Angie said...

Clouds are really beautiful.

* Protos Family * said...

I just bought The Help today so I can read it this week! ha!