Thursday, September 1, 2011

How do I love thee.....let me count the ways

Ahh Football season...you're finally here!  (You thought this was going to be a mushy post didn't you)  It's that time of year when everyone starts dusting off their favorite college apparel (or if you're me, you still wear it everyday).  Plans of tailgating and who's going to the game begin.  Fall plans are made around which weekends have home games and which are away.  Good thing Alex's birthday falls on an away game weekend.  Just kidding Kelsey, I would be there for his birthday no matter what! 

My beloved Razorbacks take this field this weekend for what is sure to be an exciting season.  We have big hopes for our team this year.  Good things are gonna happen.  I'm extra excited about this game because it will be a reunion of sorts.  We will be reunited with friends we haven't seen for at least a year, some over two!  It's also my baby sister's last season marching.  It will be very bittersweet to hear her name called at the end of the season, knowing that the Norsworthy reign in the good ole RMB will have come to an end.  *tear*

I'm very glad to be living in a non-SEC state now.  :)  I don't have to bite my tongue or get in trouble (by Chase) for firing back when they say something about Arkansas.  I do hear WAY more info about Texas than I ever cared to though.  But, they are self-destructing the Big 12 in their own greedy ways so I do find some amusement to listening about them. 

Fayetteville is my home.  Nothing else seems to matter once we get there.  It's all about being enveloped in all things Hog for the weekend and taking in everything Fayetteville has to offer.  Have I mentioned that I can't wait to get there!?!

Me and Bobby Petrino, Head Coach of my beloved Razorbacks
Soooooo many good memories!!!  :)

3 comments:

Kalyn Cavalier said...

Oh Mindy this post made me long to call the Hogs!

Oklahoma has this whole vendetta against Texas... hence the whole Bedlam weekend extravaganza every year. Haha at least Oklahoma and Arkansas share a general distrust of Texas teams.

Can't wait to see you guys again when you come up for games! Go Hogs!

Angie said...

I dislike Texas almost as much as I dislike OU. Although I think the only time I cheer for the longhorns is when they play OU. Besides that...my two favorite teams are OSU and Arkansas! I dont' ever have to choose between them! hehehehehe!

* Protos Family * said...

I can't believe my mother hasn't said anything about your picture with you and Bobby. Bahahahahaha. Next time you see him, ask him about his son's time in MT- epic fail :)

Ok, well I thought I'd get away from football since we moved apart, but turns out Heather loves football too- so here comes another awful season of three people that love football, and Kelsey. Dangit.

Have fun at the game- stay safe driving home. Oh, and Angie- back off of the Longhorns- if they lose, Chris gets angry...