Monday, August 22, 2011

I go back

Insert Kenny Chesney's amazing voice voice singing "I Go Back" here.  Except, I'm not going back to a two toned short bed chevy or drivin my girl out to the levy.  I'm going back to my childhood.  Not necessarily these memories...
Source
The ones filled with dress-up, My Little Ponies, Scrunchies, Etch-A-Sketches....etc.  But the ones that just take you back.  Like these...
Source
The smell of flowers in the field across the street.  Mom's fresh line-dried laundry.  Grandma's perfume on Sunday mornings.  Saturday morning breakfasts with Dad at Andy's.  Making cardboard boats and racing them down the street when it was raining.  Having a clubhouse under the overgrown bush out in the yard.  Yes, all these happened. 

This past Sunday, I was immediately taken back to my childhood as we visited First Baptist Church here in Altus.  This church was everything that I dearly loved about my Second home back in Jacksonville.  The music was the same, the decor was the same, the preaching style was the same and the members had the same incredible hospitality.  There was a reminder on the screen about RA's an GA's starting back up (Royal Ambassadors-boys and Girls in Action-girls) and I felt it necessary to then sing to Chase as to why I was a "GA Cutie Pie"  :)  When we go home, people tell us all the time that they've been praying for us and boy can we tell it.  If nothing else, all those prayers have helped us find amazing places of worship.  From Second Baptist, to New Heights in Fayetteville, Mt. Vernon in Columbus and now to First Baptist, each time we have been led to an awesome place of worship.  I look forward to the hymn's that will be in store for us next week.
Source
Ok, enough blogging for today.  Ode to nieces/nephews and apartments tomorrow!

1 comment:

ClaireV said...

...and there's no doubt about it, and I'm proud to SHOUT IT! I'm a GA cutie, cutie pie! CUTIE PIE! :)